Well, it happened for the first time this year. I pulled on my favorite sweater and my whole head of hair started to magically levitate. ‘Tis the season’s static greetings!
Conveniently, I spent a good majority of my day at Tuscany Spa and Salon in Montgomery covering an upcoming makeover story we’re doing for Cincy Chic. So, while I was there, I asked the GM, Liz Reaney how to tame my tresses during the winter months.
Here’s what she said:
- Always use a Leave-In conditioner during the winter months. Choose a conditioner with a thermal protectant to help with static.
- When you have trouble with fly-a-ways, take a very small amount of pomade, rub it in your hands thoroughly before putting in your hair.
- Use a hydrating shampoo during the winter months to add moisture to your hair.
- Try a hydrating hair masque once a week to keep your hair in great condition.
- When you schedule your next hair appointment, add on a deep conditioning treatment to help prevent your hair from drying out.
- For your hands and feet, paraffin treatments are perfect in the winter. The oils in the paraffin help with cracked, dry nails and leave your skin soft and smooth.
- Use a hydrating facial mask once a week in the winter to combat the harsh elements.
I thought these were great tips so I wanted to share! : ) Oh, and I go in for a haircut/color on Monday… wondering what to do. I feel like I need a change, but I’m not sure what to do. Suggestions are welcome!
UPDATE: Here’s the new (shorter) ‘do!