I fell in love with Stella & Dot jewelry (and their adorable packaging!) last year. This year? I fell in love with their new handbag line.
They just launched it and I think I want every single one of them. I found out about them from a mass email they sent out about the launch. I thought, meh, handbags… seen one, seen ’em all. But then I opened the email.
Oh. My. Gosh. Not only are they adorable and fashionable, but they’re practical and pretty well-priced if you consider what you’re getting. The line features premium, luxury leathers manufactured in the same production houses used by Coach, Kate Spade & Marc Jacobs – but their price point is 25-50% less than other premium price point handbags.
Fabrics include lambskin, embossed snakeskin and crinkle patent. They they come in all different sizes. Larger totes, clutches (one of them actually is an iPad case by day/clutch by night which is all kinds of awesome), and one small enough to just fit your iPhone/keys.
Why the new offering? Well, I’m told by my personal S&D rep, Ceci David, that the handbags are an extension to the jewelry collection and a great way to finish your look. But, I can only imagine that their new Director of Merchandising, Jessica Nelson, also has something to do with it.
After a little research on her, I found some of these impressive things out about this go-getter gal:
– After college worked in factories in Como Italy and Hong kong, which instilled her love of rich textiles and all different accessories – scarves, handbags, small goods (could we be seeing new S&D scarves soon???)
– Worked at Coach…a great company to learn about the heritage of a strong American brand…
– Worked with incredible designers at Marc Jacobs
– Worked in Production at Marc by Marc Jacobs for one year on the Collection Accessories Team. During this time, she briefly lived and worked in Milan where she learned about leathers and craftsmanship.
– She most recently left Marc by Marc Jacobs as Director of Merchandising
Here are some price-points to give you an idea (you can check out pics and learn more about everything here):
*Key pouch $44
*La Coco Clutch $158 – patent pending – allows you to dress up your clutch by attaching one of their many la coco brooches
*LaFayette Cross Body Bag $148
*Waverly 3 Way Bag $258 – large bag for day, fits iPad, turn into large evening clutch by removing strap folding over
Ceci tells me that the La Coco Clutch is featured in InStyle magazine this month in “Launches You’ll Love!” so make sure you check that out! And then get your little posh paws on these new purses! So fab!
Watch the webcast below to watch my interview with Ceci!