With the arrival of Broadway in Cincinnati’s “Waitress” musical, the organization is also hosting a pie recipe contest!
Pie is a key ingredient to the storytelling of the show, and so Broadway in Cincinnati and Local 12 WKRC are requesting creative pie recipes that mimic the show’s whimsical pies like the “Almost Makes You Believe Again Pie” or the “Key (lime) to Happiness Pie.”
To enter, bakers, professional and amateur alike, must send their creative recipes to email@example.com. Entries will be accepted until 5pm on Friday, November 10 with three finalists announced on-air Monday, November 13, by the Local 12 Morning Team. The three chosen finalists will appear with their pies on the Local 12 Morning Show during the week of November 13-16 with a winner chosen live on the air Friday, November 17.
The selected baker/bakery will be honored as the official pie of Waitress in Cincinnati, which includes:
- Winner will receive 4 opening night tickets and a copy of The Waitress Pie Book. The winning recipe will also be posted on the WKRC and Broadway in Cincinnati’s social media sites, and on-air.
- Two runner-up winners will receive a pair of tickets to opening night on January 9, 2018.
- Winning recipe featured as an insert in the official Waitress cookbook available for sale to audiences during each performance.
Contest rules/Requirements of the baker/bakery:
- Submissions must be received by 5 pm on Friday, November 10
- Recipes must be something you can actually bake
- Bakers must be available the week of November 13 to appear on the WKRC Morning News
And don’t forget to mark your calendars when Waitress heads ot the Aronoff Center for a limited two week showing from January 9-21, 2018 as part of the Fifth Third Bank Broadway in Cincinnati 2017-2018 season presented by TriHealth.
Tickets are on sale now and are available at the Aronoff Center Box Office downtown at 650 Walnut Street, online at CincinnatiArts.org, or by phone at 513-621-ARTS.