From fine lines and wrinkles to migraines, TMJ and sweating, we’re chatting with Dr. Gupta at The Dermatology, Laser & Vein Center about all things Botox and how she considers it an art! Watch to learn more and visit cincinnatiskinandlaser.com!
I’ve been working with Jane Schulte for YEARS on time management training – it’s seriously life changing! And I was SO excited when I heard she is launching a new business called COO-On-Call!
We recently featured her on Cincy Chic and learned more about her inspiration behind launching the brand and how she plans to help other business owners in the region!
Check out the video to hear more about her new venture!
Happy Taco Tuesday! We’re all about tacos and believe it or not this recipe from Bubba Rub is AMAZING!
Check out my favorite taco recipe – the whole family loves it!
BubbaRub Tacos (Beef/Pork/Chicken):
1 lb Beef/Chicken/Pork/Turkey/Etc.
BubbaRub Dry Rubs to taste
Crunchy Taco Shells
Shredded cheese (white cheese)
Make pulled pork/chicken per the recipe, or ground beef/turkey with BubbaRub Dry Rub. Starting with the crunchy taco shell, layer meat, slaw, cheese and drizzle BubbaRub Sauce of your choice on top. Simple, creative, and absolutely delicious!
I would normally think of a dry rub for a taco recipe but this rub just makes everything taste better – from veggies, seeds, salmon, and chicken to ribs, roasts, and burgers.
There are TONS more recipes on the website!
And now that grilling season is FINALLY here, I thought I’d reshare this video because this is a MUST-have around the house – especially for everything grilled!
As parents of three, we needed a little getaway but I didn’t want to go far. I decided to surprise Pete with a weekend stay at Cincinnati’s 21c Museum Hotel, right in the heart of downtown!
It’s the 100-year-old Historic Metropole Hotel, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, reimagined as a multi-venue contemporary art museum, an award-winning 156-room boutique hotel with a seasonal rooftop Cocktail Terrace, and home of Metropole Restaurant.
We stayed in the Corner Suite, which has tons of room to spread out, a huge bathroom with a shower and soaking tub — and lots of fun little artistic touches.
We started our stay at Metropole’s bar and lounge area! They had tons of craft beers on tap, house-made cocktails, Bourbons and a great selection of wines. We HAD to have their infamous Burnt Carrot Salad, and a couple other little small plates to share. So yummy. I loved sitting at the bar and watching them make some of the drinks and food!
I had a Cincy Chic fashion show event that night a block away, so we walked there. On our way back, we enjoyed exploring a few downtown hotspots. 21c is so close to everything – we actually never had to drive to get anywhere the entire weekend!
That next morning, we slept in – I haven’t slept that well in AGES – and then ordered the most delicious Room Service breakfast EVER.
To burn it all off, we decided to go out for a stroll. 21c is on the Streetcar line, so we hopped on the next one to come by. We got a great tour all over downtown and stopped off in Over the Rhine to check out all the awesome new shops that’ve popped up there, grab coffee and meet up with friends.
That night, we got all dressed up for our reservations at Metropole Restaurant. Pete and I are still talking about that dinner — It was so delicious and so fun! Metropole’s menu is a modern spin on old world ingredients and preparations — like fireplace cooking. And you’re surrounded by tons of fabulous art and their signature yellow penguins that will pop up for a visit. The always-changing menu features local farmers and producers, hearth roasted meats, fish and vegetables; grains; and housemade charcuterie. We enjoyed their cauliflower soup, monkfish, pork chop, Jerusalem Artichokes, delicious wine pairings, and topped it all off with the Metropole Candy Bar for dessert.
Afterwards, we walked around the museum at 21c that’s open 24/7/365. It was such a fun night – and we never left the building!
In the morning, I went for a run and took in some great scenery of the city, then a bubble bath back at the condo – that definitely never happens at home with three kids! Then we got a couples massage at the in-house spa at 21c. It was the most amazing couples massage room, complete with steam shower and soaking tub where you can do a lavender soak with your partner after your couples massage.
We finished off our fabulous weekend with brunch at Metropole, which they’re known for. We had their homemade pop tarts, fresh fruit, breakfast burritos, and delicious drip coffees. It was the perfect way to end a perfect weekend – we’ll definitely be back!
To learn more, or book a visit for yourself, visit http://21cmuseumhotels.com.
This post was written by Cincy Chic contributor Kelly Maglocci
An untold tale, as old as time.
The story, set in 1975 and originally played in the early 90’s, casts light upon cultural issues that are more relevant now than ever; how women are treated, immigration, refugees that would do anything for a better life in America, the destructive, enduring effects of war and our comfortable distance from it all.
Kim, a Vietnamese prostitute, is swept off her feet by an endearing, American G.I, Chris. After a night of passion and promises, the two are separated as the Americans evacuate Vietnam after the war. The tragic love story that ensues 3 years later as the characters converge in Bangkok and discover how much has changed, yet stayed the same, is fatal.
Kim, a victim of the war, is still in love with Chris, her life revolving around honoring his memory, while he has created a new life in America. You see that Kim never gave up hope and can’t help but feel that she deserves so much better.
The vibrancy of the costumes and high energy of the musical number “The American Dream” dramatically contrasts the formal solemnness of “Bui Doi,” a song about the abandoned, orphaned children left by American soldiers after the war. The interactive set, expert light design and captivating cast culminated in the portrayal of an escape from reality and the illusion of opulence.
Kim’s powerful solos “I’d Give my Life for You” and “Little God of my Heart” show just how deep a mother’s love goes and there was nothing she would not do in the plight to give her son a better life.
The bone chilling and heart wrenching ending leaves you feeling sad and hopeless.
Miss Saigon opens our eyes to the reality of the catastrophic nature of war and American responsibility- a harsh truth to face.
Playing at the Aronoff now though April 21.
There are a TON of options out there when it comes to laser hair removal, so I thought I’d share why I decided to go to Wolf Medical for mine in case it might help if you’re considering it, too!
1. First off, the owner, Dr. Bradley Wolf has been in practice since 1990 — now specializing in hair restoration and laser hair removal — so it’s safe to say that Wolf Medical knows hair with nearly 30 years experience! Definitely impressive.
2. Second thing that sealed the deal for me is that you buy per-session with them. That’s different than most other places offering laser hair removal, who lock their clients into a package with several sessions. Everyone needs a different number of sessions (like me with fair skin and dark hair may need fewer) or may need them at different times. Why pay for all those sessions up front when you can wait to see what you need and pay then pay at that time?
3. They have a ton of happy reviews and five-star ratings online. It’s a good sign I’d be a happy client, too!
4. There’s no pressure when it comes to a consultation. You meet with a state-licensed professional, not a sales rep, who has your health, results and best interests in mind – not the sale.
5. You don’t just meet with any licensed professional when you come in for a consultation, you meet with THE licensed professional who will perform your procedure. So, you know that’s who will walk you through the process if you like them and feel comfortable with them.
6. Consultations are free, and if you choose to get the procedure, you can have your first session the same day as your consultation.
7. Their technology is top-notch at Wolf Medical. They use the industry-standard workhorse laser: The Candela GentleLase Plus as well as the Alexandrite, which treats the widest range of skin types with the fewest number of treatments. Fewer treatments = less time and money I have to spend on it!
8. I really appreciated how transparent they are about pricing at Wolf Medical. All of their prices are listed on their website and Facebook
HIGHLY recommend them. If you have any questions or want to book a consultation, contact Wolf Medical at 513-774-0400 or on their website.