So, if you don’t know about The Brush Factory…Well you should know about The Brush Factory (read this article here on Cincy Chic to learn more).
The company is just as modern as they are dedicated to keeping a unique touch to integrate the history of Cincinnati. As if having sewing workshops and classes, a boutique exhibiting their handmade clothing, an in-store tailoring service, and a woodworking shop wasn’t enough, now they even offer a mobile tailoring service. That’s right folks, they come to you! All you have to do is call and make an appointment. Pretty nifty, eh?
If you’re like me, then you have many pieces of clothing that -thanks to Ben & Jerry’s and a long winter- no longer fit anymore, or a pile of clothes you just stare at wondering what to do with because you have just worn them so many times that it’s almost embarrassing…Yeah, well BF’s Mobile Tailoring service can also transform that part of your wardrobe into all new looks.
This service caters to many parts of Cincinnati, which are listed at their site, along with a complete price sheet, that way you know what you are looking to spend beforehand. If you are ever in the area, you should stop by and take a look at their boutique displaying their pieces of woodwork and also their homemade clothing located in Oakley. Check it out!
Thanks to BreeAnna Smith, my intern, for helping put this blog post together.
An invite just came through for this event. Looks like fun! I’ve always wanted to learn how to sew!
Go to brushmanufactory.com to learn more about the event.
- click to enlarge
This looks like a great event for a great cause.
It’ll be at Mainstay bar downtown. The clothing and accessories will be by the designers at the Brush Factory.
If you haven’t been to the Brush Factory, I encourage you to do so. You won’t find anything else like it in Cincinnati.
We’ve written about them several times in Cincy Chic. The best write ups can be found here and here.
They are not about glitz and glam at the Brush Factory. It has a very organic, urban feel. It’s almost like Amish meets hipster meets urbanite.
The hair and makeup will be done by Mitchell’s Salon and Day Spa… which is where I just booked our staff spa party for the holidays! I’m soooo excited! Everyone on my staff will get $150 to spend and they’re all trying different things, so I’ll report back on what everything was like! EEE Can’t wait!
Oh, sorry, sidetracked by a spa day : ) … Ah, yes, Fashion Show, Dec. 9 and it benefits the Over the Rhine Kitchen. I’m looking forward to coming out and enjoying this fab event, and supporting the worthwhile cause!
‘Tis the season for shopping and saving – Two things that just so happen to be my specialties. : ) So, I put together this list of the best Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals. Feel free to comment below if I missed anything you’d like to add. Happy shopping!
Last week on Cincy Chic, we covered several sales from Trend Boutique, OTR’s Gateway Quarter, Brush Factory, Karen Lindner Designs, Northside artists, Paris J Boutique, FENNOFashion, and Simplicity Salon. So, if you’re interested in shopping at any of those places, you’ll want to click here. Below is a list of more sales I found out about since we wrote that story.
First, let’s try your luck… here are some great contests going on right now to score some freebies:
- Cincinnati.com wants you to describe your neighborhood, and one person who takes the survey will win either $500 in cash and/or an iPad. Click here to learn more.
- Cincinnati Moms Like Me has an annual deal for the Nutcracker. This year, you can get 50% off for the Wednesday, 12/22, performance ONLY by using code: 1011NCMLM. For all other performances, use G1011CHIC for 20% off tickets. Click here to get your tickets.
- Moms Like Me has a couple other giveaways as well: Click here to win a $500 Deerfield Towne Center gift card, click here to win a 1,000 shopping spree in Downtown Cincinnati, and click here to win tickets to the Holiday Follies.
Now for the sales at stores…
- At Snap Boutique, for every $100 spent, pick a stocking from their tree and receive up to 30% off your entire purchase Friday and Saturday.
- Century House is doing $5 off when you spend $25/more. Print off and bring in this coupon and you’ll be entered to win a $100 gift certificate. (This deal is actually good until Christmas)
- Sara Benjamin’s is doing 30% off one regularly priced item Friday-Monday
- The Wardrobe in Madeira is doing 20% off on Black Friday only
- Alligator Purse is doing 20% Friday and Saturday. They’re also doing a menswear trunk sale with Artfully Disheveled, a new local men’s line. Click here to learn about this event. (10% of sale goes to Freestore Foodbank!)
- The Golf Exchange is doing deals on clubs/balls as well as 20% all golf bags Friday. They’re also doing two ladies night shopping events to help women complete their holiday shopping in style. Click here to read the Cincinnati.com Savings Central blog about these deals/events. Actually, read all of Savings Central’s recent posts for good Black Friday deals/tips!
- Soho Boutique is doing 10% off for Friday and Saturday. They’re also partnering with a great cause, High Hopes. Click here to learn more about it. Looks like Soho just updated its website with some amazing new collections… darnit, research and development is dangerous! : )
- Fetish in Hyde Park is doing 25% off Friday and Saturday. Click here and print this off to receive 40% any single item that is not on sale!
- Kenwood Towne Center is giving you a $10 Mall gift card when you spend $100 on Friday. My husband and I did this last year and it was awesome! Not going to lie, we carefully calculated $100 expenditure increments and went back for several $10 cards… not sure if that’s legal but we did! : ) Click here to learn more details about this offer. Also, click here to see a comprehensive list of all the Black Friday sales going on at the Kenwood stores.
- At Mitchell’s Salon & Spa, get 20% all services on Black Friday. They also have a sale on their gift certificates. Click here and get a $100 Gift Certificate for $80, $75 Gift Certificate for $60 or a $50 Gift Certificate for $40.
- At Bajon Salon & Spa in West Chester, they have all kinds of deals going on. One where you get free product when you buy a gift card and another where you get a free mani or pedi when you get a color service. Click here for details.
- Massage Gift Certificates at The Garage in Madeira (Pete, my husband, and I went for our anniversary… it’s awesome) Now through Monday, get 60 Minutes for $30, or 120 Minutes for $60. Call to put in your order: 513.235.0566
- Azhand Shokohi jewelry is 15% off online Friday only.
- And don’t forget about the Swap Shop sale going on at Park + Vine this Saturday.
Cyber Monday Specials…
- Peek of Chic is doing 15% off of everything on POC site on Monday only! Use coupon code “CYBERMONDAY” to get the discount!
- At Woodhouse Spa in Olde Montgomery, get a free $20 gift certificate when you buy a $100 gift certificate. You can print out the certificates on their site, which is nice. Click here for details.
And something new…
- First there was Black Friday, then Cyber Monday… This year, there’s lots of buzz about the first-ever “Small Business Saturday.” Click here to learn more about it, but here’s the gist: American Express cardholders get a $25 statement credit when they shop at a small business on Saturday.
Just got news that the Brush Factory is opening a new retail location in Oakley! I’m so excited for them! Their space in Brighton is truly amazing, so I can’t wait to see how they’re going to top themselves at this new location!
We did this Cincy Chic story on the Brush Factory back in January. Then they were at Cincinnati Fashion Week (they were my #6 favorite look of the show!). And now they’re opening a second location! Yay for them! Here’s the info I just received … hope to see you there!
Brush Factory Presents:
A new retail location opening celebration in the Oakley shopping district!
Soft Opening Celebration
3227 Madison Road
Friday September 3, 2010
7pm – 10pm
SHOP + MUSIC + SPIRITS
Store hours begin September 17, 2010
Tues – Sat 10 – 6
Sun 10 – 4