I get asked all the time which spa, salon, boutique, etc. are my favorites. And I hate to pick favorites because I want to stay objective for editorial, and on the sales side, we have a lot of different clients who would get grumpy if they weren’t a fav. But sometimes I can’t help myself…
***imagine me climbing to the top of a mountain right now***
I LOVE THE WOODHOUSE SPA!!!!
There. I said it. It’s my favorite spa. Ever. Above and beyond any and every spa I’ve ever been to around the world. Woodhouse is my favorite. Let me count the ways:
- They are not a spa/salon, so you can actually relax without hearing the stylists yak in the neighboring room about their dates last weekend. And you don’t have to breathe in hairspray fumes when your massage therapist tells you to take a deep breath.
- When you walk in, it just smells like tranquility. They always have the same scent, which is important because that scent brings back memories of all the other times I was there and had an enjoyable, relaxing time. At other spas, it always smells different, and that’s not as comforting to me.
- They have the best, and fluffiest, robes ever. I swear they were made out of clouds.
- They have awesome pre-packaged “all day getaways” which are great gifts – to yourself or someone else. I just gave my event planner and all her interns these all day packages and you would have thought it was Christmas. They loved it. Just a heads up, they have lots of Mother’s Day packages on here!
- They go get Starbucks for you if you want something more special than their in-house teas and coffees.
- They sell products from local artists in their lobby. (They are a chain spa, but they try to localize as much as possible. And I’ve been to other Woodhouse Spas in other cities, and Cincinnati has them beat by far)
- They have the best men’s spa treatments. And they aren’t emasculating fru-fru treatments, either. They have a separate men’s lounge, which is super masculine compared to the women’s lounge. And then they have a huge menu of services specifically tailored and developed for the man. One of the owners of the Woodhouse is male (it’s a husband and wife who own it), so he makes sure his gender is well represented and taken care of at the Woodhouse!
- They use all-natural products, so you’re not putting any harsh chemicals on your body. In fact, in this story Cincy Chic wrote about The Woodhouse Spa, the owner said “You could eat any of the products we use.” I wouldn’t recommend it, but hey, it’s nice to know it’s an option.
- Because all their products – from foot scrubs to facial creams – are all are certified organic and natural, it’s the perfect place to send my die-hard vegans and vegetarians. If they don’t want things in their body, why would they want to put it on their body… the skin is an organ too, right?
- If you’re a big recycler (I try to be), they recycle everything possible – even the little aluminum casings of their votive candles!
Ok, I could go on for days, but I should probably cut to the chase of why I’m writing. I got a notification that the Woodhouse is doing a buy one service (50 minutes or longer) and get one free on April 6 only, while spots last!
That’s a great deal! I’ve been a client of theirs since they opened three years ago, and I haven’t seen them do a sale like this before. Get in while the gettin’s good, girlfriend!