A little over a year ago, we at Cincy Chic wrote this story about the “Tour for the Cure” girlfriend getaway program in Southeast Indiana that’s raised more than $20,000 for breast cancer research. It stuck in my mind as such a fun idea – plus, it supports an awesome cause! So, a couple months ago, I went to the Dearborn County Convention, Visitor & Tourism Bureau to learn more about it and see if it might be something I can get me and my gal pals involved with.
First of all, if you haven’t been to Lawrenceburg in a while, you should definitely check it out. That’s where this Toursim Bureau is located, and when I drove to it, I felt like I was driving through a cute little mountain town – complete with boutiques, cafes and great gift shops!
So, after I shopped at the cute boutiques, I went in to chat with the tourism reps initially to learn about the Tour for the Cure, but I also learned about their other “pink programs.” One of which is coming up soon. It’s their Perfectly Pink: Tubing for Tour for the Cure. It’ll be Feb. 19, 20 & 21, 1:00-9:30pm each day, at Perfect North Slopes, 19074 Perfect Lane in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. It’s $25 per person for a one-day tubing pass, with $5 coupon available on www.tourforthecure.info. Plus, it benefits breast cancer research by donating a portion of proceeds to the Vera Bradley Foundation.
Below is some background info they gave me on the program, events, and how you can learn more!
- Perfectly Pink is sponsored by the Dearborn County Convention, Visitor & Tourism Bureau’s Tour for the Cure® initiative. Tour for the Cure® raises funds for breast cancer research through a partnership with the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast CancerSM, a nonprofit foundation affiliated with Vera Bradley Designs, Inc. that supports various research-based initiatives in the fight for a breast cancer cure.
- Through a variety of overnight travel packages, day trips, luncheons, group excursions and events, Tour for the Cure® has raised more than $27,000 for the Vera Bradley Foundation since 2008.
- This is the fifth year in a row for the Perfectly Pink Tubing event, and is a great way for visitors to “have fun and give hope” (the Tour for the Cure® motto) while raising funds for a worthy cause.
- Perfectly Pink participants are invited to wear pink to show their support throughout the three-day event.
- Perfect North Slopes – a valued Tour for the Cure® partner – is home to a large snow tubing park at their ski area where Perfectly Pink is held. At the end of Perfectly Pink Tubing Days, Perfect North will make a special donation to help benefit Tour for the Cure®.
- New this year: Perfect North Slopes is offering a special $5 off Perfectly Pink Tubing coupon available on www.tourforthecure.info. Participants must print and present the coupon at time of purchase in order to be eligible for the discount.
FOR MORE INFO
For more information on Perfectly Pink, or to learn more about Tour for the Cure®, log on to the official Tour for the Cure® website at www.tourforthecure.info or visit Tour for the Cure® on Facebook at www.facebook.com/tourforthecure. More information is also available by calling the Dearborn County Convention, Visitor & Tourism Bureau at 800-322-8198. To learn more about snow tubing at Perfect North Slopes, visit www.perfectnorth.com.