We recently ran a story about Team Challenge Southwest Ohio, and I filmed the below video with the local rep. I had heard of Crohn’s and colitis before, but didn’t really know what they were until I did the shoot with the local CCFA rep. I also didn’t know there was such a cool program like Team Challenge out there. As a runner (trying to get back in the swing of things post-baby!) this sounds like an AMAZING opportunity to get in shape, meet people, travel and help a great cause! Here are a few things I learned from filming the video below and writing this story on Cincy Chic about Team Challenge!
· Crohn’s disease & ulcerative colitis (Inflammatory Bowel Diseases) affect 1.6 million Americans.
· Team Challenge helps you get in shape & complete an event that many people might think they cannot do.
· Train locally for destination events such as Napa to Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon in Napa, CA and the Old Port Half Marathon in Portland, ME. Additional options for triathlon, IRONMAN, cycle, and full marathons also available.
· All abilities, ages, shapes & sizes are welcome! They’ve had teenagers to people in their 70’s & 80’s complete the program. From experienced runners to beginning walkers, and everywhere in between.
· Program benefits include helping others, getting in shape, traveling & making friends for life
· Program includes coaching and accommodations at the event
· At least 80 cents of every dollar raised goes toward our mission
· CCFA is a 4 star charity (ranked by Charity Navigator).
· CCFA’s mission is to cure Crohn’s & colitis and to improve the quality of life of children & adults affected. They do this through patient support & education and research. Team Challenge is one of the ways we fund our mission.
· Training for summer events begins end of March – races are in July.
· Upcoming events can be found at www.ccteamchallenge.org or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/tcsouthwestohio. For general foundation information, visit www.ccfa.org.